Wednesday, October 27, 2010

In Collaboration With...

The past few weeks have been an overload with qualitative research. It has been discussed everywhere! Not only have I been learning about it in Public Relations Research with Professor Laskin, but also my Consumer Behavior (Marketing) class has had a few lectures on it. Until now, I was unaware of how many different fields qualitative research was necessary in. Through reading my classmates blogs, I have found it interesting how much the fashion and design industry utilizes qualitative research.
 
Sam Greitzer talks about how much designer Tommy Hilfiger depends on qualitative research. (http://mediacloset-samgreitzer.blogspot.com/2010/10/qualitative-research.html)%20It Hilfiger looks around and finds inspiration from, "movies, music celebrities and art and uses them to thread together different signature looks." It is important for him to design clothing that the average person wants to wear.
 
Paige Weiners also discusses how important qualitative research is to designers. (http://paigequpr.blogspot.com/2010/10/qualitative-research.html). "When thinking of what new styles to create for the season, designers need to think of if their target market is actually going to wear the new trends." Focusing on the correct target market is vital for the success of any public relations campaign. The agent needs to make sure that all of their efforts are being segmented in the right place.
 
With all the celebrity clients I may have as an entertainment public relations agent, I can help out with the designers in creating their looks. I can help a designer team up with my client to design a line, "in collaboration with." It's a positive way to get my clients name out for media impressions but also good for the designer to team up. I would definitely have to use qualitative research to make sure that I team up the correct client with an appropriate designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment